Monday, February 12, 2007

Twice in Country Living - well, once, but Twice, if you know what I mean!

Great news - our hugely popular Sewing Rolls (a pile of which are shown in this photo) are in the March issue of Country Living. Subscription issues hit doormats this morning - and, already, the response has been fantastic. The sewing roll featured in the magazine is in a particularly pretty raspberry red floral French cotton dating from about 1910 - and we lined it with an apple green vintage blanket. One of the prettiest so far.

As you may know, we are exhibiting at the Country Living Spring Fair in London in March, so it is especially heartening to have made it into the magazine just before we exhibit. Really looking forward to it (although, as it is the first time we have exhibited outside Scotland, also more than a little nervous!) - and if the reaction to the magazine is anything to go by, it will be a very exciting time for Twice.

Not as miserable about the Scottish weather as I was in my last post - have realised that there is good snow in the Highlands and, if the temperature doesn't rise too much before Wednesday, I am off to Glenshee to ski with Ellie (eldest daughter) who is on half term. It's possible to be on the slopes in under an hour from here - and when it's good, it's very, very good (and, yes, when it's bad, it's HORRID!).

Caroline


12 comments:

Primrose Hill said...

Well done, it's such a great feeling of achievment, isn't it! My show card came through the other day for our feature in the Christmas edition, very exciting. I've not received my CL mag for this month yet, thankfully, just another distraction to keep me from the sewing machine!
L x

Twice said...

Thanks Lisa! Yes, it's great. Hoping that CL can get a showcard ready in time for the Spring Fair. Love your new spotty brushes by the way.
Caroline x

Tracy x said...

Just popped over from Primrose Hill and after admiring your Sewing Roll in CL - beautiful x
Sending you lots of luck for the CL fair - you will be a huge success - take loads of stock!
Tracy x

Twice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twice said...

Ooooh! .. that's a lesson in blogging - I just removed my last post because it had a typo and now it looks rather sinister! Anyway, what I was saying was a big thank you to Tracy for her kind, kind comments! I am so pleased that Twice has made it into CL - and, yes, we are all busy, busy, busy stocking up for the Fair. No idea how much to take, so all fingers and toes crossed that it's enough!
Caroline x

Primrose Hill said...

Have given you a little mention in todays post, hopefully you'll get some new visitors!
CL mag arrived today, you got exactly the same spot as me - how freaky! Well done!
L x

Anonymous said...

Hello just popped over from Lisa's (Primrose Hill) and have spent a delighful time looking at your shop. So much lovely stuff and a new blog for me to visit. Wonderful.
Carolyn x

A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

Just found you via CL and had to visit your website. Gorgeous! I am trying to get my recycling (more of an urban vibe)business going at the moment and seeing your site has spurred me on. Goodluck at CL

Caroline Inchyra said...

One of the things I love about doing Twice is giving a new lease of life to old fabrics and china - and it is a great challenge to look at something I've sourced and work out what it's next incarnation should be. If I could just do that and forget about administration it would be heaven! Thanks for kind message and good luck -

Twice said...

Just posted that last one using the wrong account - I'll get the hang of this one day!
Caroline

AC said...

Love all the fabulous items in your online shop...found you through Primrose Hill.
Take care.
Alison.

Twice said...

Thanks Alison - positive comments always very welcome!
x Caroline