Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Phew! That was quite something....

So, I am no longer a Country Living Fair virgin - eight days ago we set off for London in a rather large van, and two days of set up, five days of selling and two days of breakdown later, it's over! We arrived back in Perthshire last night, having been on the go since 7.00am when we loaded the van and then struck out for the North through the new winter. As it had been 20 degrees on the day we arrived in London, hail and snow was really quite a shock a week later!

The fair itself was great - I met so many people, both fellow exhibitors and visitors, who were really enthusiastic about what we are doing at Twice. We have made many new friends and certainly put our products to a far wider audience than ever before. To be honest, I'm so tired now that I can't really sum it all up - I think that will come later - but I am thrilled that Twice really stepped up to the mark. The stand looked fantastic and, from the reactions we heard, definitely had a "wow" factor. Thank you very much indeed to Antonia, Emma, Sally, Jane, Joa and, especially, James, for all your help both on and off the stand during the fair - couldn't have done it without you.
During the course of the fair we ran a prize draw to win one of our wonderful deerskin tote bags. The bags are named after my daughters, Silvie and Eleanor, so it was only fitting that they should pick the winner - here is Silvie pulling out the winning entry. Congratulations to Michelle Mulberry of Epsom, Surrey - a delicious Silvie Tote in bitter chocolate deerskin with a vintage French ticking lining will be winging its way to you shortly!
The Country Living bandwagon rolls on to Glasgow next week, so best of luck to my friend Lisa from Primrose Hill Interiors who will be exhibiting - I'm sure it will be great.

Caroline x



2 comments:

Jane said...

Caroline the stall looks lovely - very ideal country kitchen - I am so glad that you did well.
I have only done the CL Scotland once before (a van is packed in the drive ready for build up tomorrow) tomorrow - and I found that I enjoyed the Fair because it was somehow about more than sales - A lot was about taking and making friends with people. I got a lot of contacts, re-orders, wedding bookings from last year. And I get a lot of people who just e-mail me to say how their dahlia plants thrived or how their aunty loved her garden kneeler.
When you are tired out it helps that the customers are great.
Jane
x

Twice said...

Hi Jane - Just checked out your blog to see how your preps were going - and couldn't believe what I saw! I thought I took alot to London - but I drew the line at vehicles!! Hope you have a great time - good luck and I look forward to hearing how you all do. I so agree about the great contact of the show - I have already been in e-touch with my 'neighbours'! x Caroline