Thursday, September 16, 2010

Here's the thing. When I started Twice what we did was re-use old things and give them a new lease of life, hence the name. I remember looking at a pile of pretty cups and saucers and thinking - those would make good candles. I made about 20 and took them down to the Country Living Fair and sold out. At the time I hadn't seen any anywhere else - but now, of course, they're everywhere. I'm not saying anyone got the idea from me - I'm quite sure it had been done long before I did it, but my problem is that now I find myself not wanting to make them because so many other people are and, yet, they are so quintessentially Twice. What to do? Not sure.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Carry on, I've made these for years too. I now don't do loads as I used to, I just use the very prettiest cups and saucers I find, so that they are still special.

They seem to appeal to all age groups and are a wonderful re-use for cups that otherwise would either be thrown away or just gather dust unloved at the back of a cupboard.

Sue xx

The Hidden Lane said...

Carry on!

Twice said...

I think you're right - just keep on doing what we do!