Friday, June 27, 2008

Here at Twice Towers the produce is really starting to stream in and yesterday I came home to find that happy husband had been busy bottling. The result looked so wonderful that I thought I'd share it with you. The line up on our kitchen table is Damson Gin, Damson Vodka and Elderflower Cordial (not sure in which order). There's also some Blackberry Whisky cooking away somewhere which should be interesting. Today he has added 12 2 litre bottles of Elderflower Champagne, a la Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, that promise to be quite delicious once the bubbles have come in and will be ready for drinking in about three weeks.

The gin and vodka have been brewing for quite a while. Just a sip of either of them makes me feel completely autumnal - and then, I expect quite quickly if I had much more, rather happy!

9 comments:

Pipany said...

Ooh lovely. We have been busy here with the elderflowers too and make our gins, etc in the autimn when the blackberries and sloes are ready. Our champagne tastes gorgeous but loses the fizz too quickly; yum though. Love the picture xx

Pipany said...

Ooh lovely. We have been busy here with the elderflowers too and make our gins, etc in the autimn when the blackberries and sloes are ready. Our champagne tastes gorgeous but loses the fizz too quickly; yum though. Love the picture xx

Twice said...

Whoops! Happy husband has just told me that it is Cherry Vodka and the bottles are 1 litre not 2 litre, for anyone that's interested!
Caroline x

Jane said...

Perhaps they are so potent it seems like 2. We had a very merry night on damson gin at Christmas courtesy of neighbours last year.
It made me decide to plant a blackthorn hedge and masses of damson trees.
In the meantime rhubarb vodka is very good,
J
x

Twice said...

Ooh - I always love finding new uses for rhubarb - can't get enough of it.
C x

Anonymous said...

All looks very good - this is not something we do often enough here in sunny South Africa ! - Twan, KZN

Twice said...

Hi Twan - lovely to hear from you all that way away. I'm sure you could make it with something far more exotic!

Sue said...

Having tasted James's damson vodka one morning at teatime, I can vouch for it's yumminess and can bet your bottom dollar the rest will be just as yummy.

Well done with the courses I'm sure they will continue to develop successfully

Twice said...

Hi Sue - lovely to hear from you. Will send email with news on the home front! I LOVE your comment - if I didn't know what you meant by "one morning at teatime" I would definitely think you had been on the damson vodka a little too much! xx C