Monday, June 30, 2008

Oooooh! I booked the final person for our autumn workshops this morning and I am SO pleased with the line-up for September and October. We have got:

~ 'Autumn Foraging' with the Forage Rangers

~ 'Appreciating Antiques' with Jeremy Gow, a restorer well known across Scotland as one of our foremost authorities on antiques.

~ 'Understanding Wine - an introduction' with Nicola Arcedeckne-Butler (pronounced Archdeacon) - one of the most respected female Masters of Wine in the country.

~ 'Preparing for a Hand Crafted Christmas' which sees the return of the wonderful Jane Lindsey.

and finally, booked today, 'Dinner Parties Made Easy' with Craig McAlpine, winner of Channel 4's Come Dine With Me, who runs a company called Bespoke Caterers which teaches dinner party cooking across Scotland.

I don't know about you, but I feel that we have a really good range here and some fascinating speakers. The flyer goes to the printer in a couple of days and then we're off again! I have to say, I find the whole thing so much fun - it really doesn't feel like work. And, actually, that was the whole point - to bring Twice home a bit rather than running around all over the country doing those blessed fairs. I have managed to contain my Christmas selling to three big fairs - Living North in Newcastle and Country Living in London and Glasgow. That means only three moves, which is heaven.

Once the flyer is out, I can slightly put my feet up and enjoy the children and the summer holidays. Big sigh of relief.

4 comments:

Twice said...

Me again - but does anybody else have real problems with the formatting of posts on Blogger? I write it and then preview it and then the preview looks different to the draft and then, when I finally think I've got all the extra line spaces sorted out - I post it and, likely as not, it's suddenly got extra spaces (like this post which looks awful). Or, the other big problem is that, for some unknown reason, the line spacing of different paragraphs changes without looking that way in the preview. Any ideas anyone?
Caroline

Pipany said...

Hi caroline. Haven't had a problem so far but will probably regret saying that!
So pleased you are blogging more as your pics are great. Love the one on the previous post - all that booze!!! The workshops sound amazing - a really good spread of subjects which should offer something for everyone. Wish I was nearer xx

Twice said...

Hi Pipany - well, I went in and changed the lines on the post so now people will wonder what on earth I was talking about! I wish my blogger chums were nearer too - it would be great to have you here. c x

Twice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.