Friday, June 20, 2008

Just a quick one. Yesterday's workshop with Jane Lindsey was smaller than the previous one and then even smaller because a couple of people couldn't make it in the end - so I thought I'd make up the numbers and join in. I am SO glad that I did. I can't tell you how much I learnt and how much I discovered that I was doing wrong. No wonder my flowers didn't last long indoors! There were some incredibly basic things that I was doing wrong from the moment I picked flowers. I would love to tell you what they were, but then there would be no point coming to the workshops!

It was also really nice to meet the lovely people who came yesterday - we had a very jolly lunch and it felt absolutely like having lunch with a group of friends. I have just posted a couple of photos from yesterday showing some very pretty little table centres that we made and also the wonderful hand-tied bouquets that everyone created. Mine actually looked good enough to give to someone - and that is a breakthrough!

So, once again huge thanks to Jane and thank you to everyone who came. We are already organising days for the autumn - at the moment it looks like we will cover planting spring bulbs, planting indoor bulbs for the winter and also some autumn/Christmas arranging and wreaths. Be very interesting to hear if there is anything else that people are interested in learning about (workshops will be on 7th and 9th October).

5 comments:

Tracy x said...

good for you for joining in - the reward for all the hard work you have put in to organise everything.
it all looks and sounds wonderful - lucky ladies!
i love the idea of a Christmas wreath workshop - could you combine it with a gift wrapping tutorial?
there are so many things i could do with going on a course for :)
speak soon
hope you relax this weekend after a busy week.
t x

Pipany said...

Wiah I didn't live so far away Caroline, but Cornwall to Scotland is just a bit too far! Would love to have come to the workshops as it sounds as though Jane did a great job xx

Twice said...

Thanks for your lovely comments TC and P. It really was such a good way to spend a day - I love the idea of the wrapping workshop. I wonder who I could get to do that. Hmmmm.....

Raindrops said...

well yet again I wish I lived closer to attend the workshop. I think the wreath making workshop sounds great also what about a 'Decorating you home for christmas' workshop as an idea? Tricia

Twice said...

Hi Tricia - yes, we've sort of ended up with a 'Decorating for Christmas' day with Jane in September which will cover forcing bulbs, wreath making, table decs etc. Maybe you'll have to have a trip up to Scotland!